mGa KuRo-KuRo Ni Ka UrO

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Migrants Handbook for Pinoys in NZ


Excited ako na ibalita sa inyong lahat. AKLnzPINOYS is publishing very soon a migrants handbook for Pinoys in NZ. New migrants, as well as those still planning to immigrate to NZ will find this handbook very informative. The topics on pre-departure, arrival, housing and accommodation, childcare, driving, WTR to PR conversion, etc. were written by Pinoys who've lived in New Zealand for some time.

It took us six months to complete the write-ups, few months to lay-out the book. We had to sell bingo tickets and concert tickets to raise funds towards this project. Now we are completing the last section of the book - a Pinoy Businesses (in NZ) Directory (PBD) where any business supporting Pinoys in NZ can either list for free or buy a page or portion of a page to place an advertisement.

To see a preview of the handbook, go to http://tinyurl.com/migrantshandbook/
To have your business listed in the PBD, simply fill up the online form at http://tinyurl.com/pinoydirectory/

7 Comments:

  • Hi Ka Uro, your blog is informative and I would have hoped I read this earlier into our NZ application. BTW, I am interested in your book. Are you distributing it online? Please let me know how can I get it. Thanks and regards to your family.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:30 PM, June 24, 2010  

  • hi very informative blog ka uro, ask ko po sana kung saan mabibili tong book na from carabao to sheep, im currently working in singapore and is planning to migrate there in nz, la po ako relative jan, sa australia meron, can you please email me kung saan mabibili, gusto ko po kase mag settle jan sa nz, thanks po, jerichocillo@gmail.com

    By Anonymous jericho, at 3:50 PM, June 29, 2010  

  • Hi Jericho,
    The booklet is still in the final stages of production. I'll email you once it is already available for sale.
    Cheers

    By Blogger Ka Uro, at 8:39 AM, June 30, 2010  

  • I'm sorry for being off topic but I was wondering if you can tell me what happened to Kiwipinay's blog? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 PM, July 04, 2010  

  • hi KU me and my fiance is justing for our scheduled interview sa shanghai papaers namin eh 6 to 10 months daw haiii so while waiting apply online and ofcourse how can we get this informative book here in manila? please let me know email me @jbindemand@gmail.com

    Thanks
    JB

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:09 PM, July 06, 2010  

  • kudos to you Ka Uro for spearheading this project. I'm sure it will be as good and informative as your blogsite.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 4:32 PM, August 18, 2010  

  • That's really great! Its great to help our kababayan who wants to migrate or already here in NZ.

    Anniebelle
    http://filipino-nz.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Anniebelle, at 7:32 PM, February 04, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker