mGa KuRo-KuRo Ni Ka UrO

Friday, April 22, 2005

Lucky to be traveliing life's journey ... with the one I love

Today marks our 17th wedding anniversary. Jean and I promised to live life together in a civil ceremony in the municipal hall of Samal, Bataan on April 22, 1988. It's been a remarkable journey so far. I feel we'd accomplished a lot. We had our only daughter in 1990, went overseas in 95, and now quite contentedly are living a happy life in our adopted country, New Zealand.

In this journey through life, we went through a few humps and potholes, mostly my fault I'd admit, but in general the trip has been very pleasant, exciting and enjoyable. What makes it ultra enjoyable is because I'm not travelling alone. I have the greatest companion in the world. Someone I truly love and care about.

The other night we watched on DVD this 2004 movie Shall We Dance, starring Richard Gere and Susan Sarandon. I have to admit, I kinda enjoyed it. There was one memorable moment in the film that made quite an impression on me. It made me think how lucky I was for being married.

Susan Sarandon who plays Richard Gere’s husband was explaining why people choose to marry.

We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying, 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness.'


I feel truly blessed to have someone walking life's journey with me. For it is perhaps one of the saddest things that could happen to an individual -- for him or her to walk alone. For his/her life to past by unnoticed.

2 Comments:

  • Ka Uro, belated happy anniv! anong secret niyo for a happy married life? i always tell my husband na sana kahit may baby na kami maging close pa rin kami as a husband-wife team. Ang karaniwan kong nakikita is nag-g-grow apart ang mag-asawa sa kakaintindi sa mga anak, nawawala rin ang closeness, sweetness and "romance", which is sad.

    By Blogger Sassafras, at 3:15 PM, April 23, 2005  

  • Sass, thanks. actually sa amin baligtad sa sinabi mo. feeling ko mas naging clsoe kami nung magka-anak kami. palagay ko, huwag lang masyadong maraming anak para hindi kayo mawalan ng time sa isa't isa.

    By Blogger Ka Uro, at 6:37 PM, April 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker