mGa KuRo-KuRo Ni Ka UrO

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Maternal Instinct

Last night, Fidez was feeling kinda depressed. She was in the verge of tears while telling us about this thing that’s bothering her. She was saying how come she is the only one in their class that has this problem. Some of her friends had the same problem, but theirs have now subsided and gone away. Now, here she is confronted with the same thing and it’s making her very sad. She doesn’t want to go out of the house and just want to stay in her room all day.

Hay naku, ang mga teenager nga naman! Magka-pimples lang at blackheads, they feel it’s already the end of the world.

Jean and I tried to console her by telling her that those things on her face will go away soon and that they don’t look too bad anyway. We tried to cheer her up by making jokes out of it. When she said how come C (a friend of hers who’s quite fat), does not have pimples, I replied: “Anong gusto mo may pimples ka o maging dabiana ka?”. When she said that she seems to be the only one in class that has pimples, I replied: “ayaw mo non, unique ka”. Then we laughed, mainly because of the irony in my logic.

Although, we tried to take such incidents in stride, I’m sure like me, Jean too feels the same sadness whenever Fidez is unhappy. How we wish it were us who has pimples instead of her. One time, when Fidez was six, she broke her arm and had to be rushed to the hospital. How I wished it were me who broke an arm instead of her. Then she had a wart on her foot making it painful for her to walk. If only I could have the wart instead and not her.

Bakit kaya ganoon? When my daughter is sad, I feel sadder. But when she's happy, I don't necessarily feel the same way. It seems that her positive feelings don't get transmitted to me to the same degree as her negative ones. Para bang, ang kasayahan niya ay para lamang sa kanya. Pero ang kalungkutan, kahati at karamay pa rin ako. Could it be maternal instinct? ... Pero meron ba non ang mga lalaki?

7 Comments:

  • sette, tama nga ang sabi ni jean na dapat tawagan si papa joe at alam niya kung ano ang dapat gamitin para matanggal ang pimples.

    By Blogger Ka Uro, at 2:20 PM, April 28, 2005  

  • I have the same feelings when my kids have their asthma attacks. I like to think that maybe this is how God feels when we go through tough times. :) in reference though to one of your past posts before ... about Easter ... He really took on the burden for us in that case. :)

    I heard about this site from a friend & visited it solely for the practical immigration advice. After a while, I find myself visiting again and again and again. Practical, humorous, very pinoy, but also very inspirational and speaks of the really good things that make life worth living.Ang sarap sarap basahin and sana forever na ang site na ito. God bless !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 AM, April 29, 2005  

  • Mr/Ms Anonymous, maraming salamang sa kompliments. I'm flattered sa iyong papuri.

    By Blogger Ka Uro, at 7:50 AM, April 29, 2005  

  • ha ha ha walang ganoon ang mga lalaki no? but like women, men are also that loving sa mga daughters, much more pa nga, e.

    i remembered my daughter had a blister because nadikit sa takore na galing sa stove. i panicked seeing that while she was just smiling looking at the jelly like blister on her arm.

    they are truly lucky to have parents like us, arent they?

    By Blogger bing, at 9:53 PM, April 30, 2005  

  • hi bing aka juliet,
    haba naman ng ngalan mo. salamat sa pagbisita. btw, i visited your warmstone site. i hope you don't mind me linking your site with mine.

    i felt sad to know about your hubby's condition but at the same time felt inspired by your positive outlook in life.

    cheers

    By Blogger Ka Uro, at 11:38 PM, April 30, 2005  

  • actually, it is bing lang. there is a kwento why i affixed the alias na juliet. but that is another kwento.

    it is indeed an honor to have my link in your site. thanks a lot.

    bing

    By Blogger bing, at 4:07 PM, May 02, 2005  

  • hahaha!!! parang yung post ko lang ngayon na "na-windang si Lord" sa amin ng nanay ko.

    kuyang, walang maternal sa mga lalaki. paternal instinct kaya? nyenyenye!!! :D

    By Blogger Kiwipinay, at 11:28 PM, May 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker