mGa KuRo-KuRo Ni Ka UrO

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Why is it Brilliant?

I felt suddenly sentimental hearing this song over the radio. However, reading/listening to the lyrics closely, I do really wonder why the singer could say life is brilliant. Because if it was me in the situation, I'ld say life sucks, or love hurts. What do you think?

You're Beautiful
by James Blunt

My life is brilliant.

My life is brilliant
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful.
You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

Yes, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Flyin' high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last 'till the end.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

La la la
la la la la la la

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.

The song is dedicated to my "long lost but now found" friend.


10 Comments:

  • ngayon ko lang yata nakitang senti ang kuya...hehehe...

    oopppsss....first time kong nakauna..yahhooo...like ko rin ang song...kaya lang nakita ko video na tumalon sa dagat ang lalake...nagpakamatay kaya? hmmmm...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:24 PM, December 06, 2006  

  • naku, ate, huwag naman sanang nagpakamatay.

    By Blogger Ka Uro, at 3:29 PM, December 06, 2006  

  • Life is brilliant because whatever life we lead, we are given opportunity to experience things so precious and profound. Fleeting moments or memories that linger and give us a reason to smile even in our heart...Be thankful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:46 PM, December 06, 2006  

  • hi peter,
    thought provoking as usual. and i learned something new today.

    Sisyphus (Greek Σίσυφος; transliteration: Sísuphos; IPA: ['sɪsɪfəs]), in Greek mythology, was a king punished in the underworld by being set to roll a huge rock up a hill throughout eternity. The name is traditionally connected with sophos "wise"; but this has etymological problems.

    kd,
    dehins, iyong-iyo na si arnold. nagselos ka pa. hahaha

    By Blogger Ka Uro, at 5:13 PM, December 06, 2006  

  • bb,
    thank you for dropping by. well yes that's very true of life in general. but loving someone who you won't be able to touch, hold and express your deepest feelings, i think that's kinda cruel. it's like cupid making a prank, putting a spell on someone and yet barring him/her to express his/her love fully. what torture. ... ah but yes, the memories they will always remain.

    By Blogger Ka Uro, at 5:15 PM, December 06, 2006  

  • I think it's about a love-at-first-sight thingy. Quite sentimental, indeed. Anyway, nice blog. Can we ex link?

    By Blogger toothpick, at 10:08 PM, December 06, 2006  

  • I love that song...ganda kasi ng melody. But now that I'm reading the lyrics...nakakaquestion nga kung ano talaga ang meaning ano? I guess, namimighati talaga sya at parang gusto nyang ma-analyse ang kagandahan pa ng buhay.

    Sino pala yun long-lost friend mo? Naku- nagtanong pa ano?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:50 AM, December 07, 2006  

  • awwww.... my James Blunt ^_~ hehe... fave ko sya KU , u know naman di ba? sayang nga lang di ko napanood concert nya nung pumunta sya dito sa Tokyo ;(;(

    oops senti ka? why oh why?? hehe.... and sino naman yung long-lost friend mo?

    malamig na rin ba jan sa NZ?? Tokyo is gettin cold day by day brrrrr!! sarap matulog lol! ^_^

    enjoy weekend!

    cheers**

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 PM, December 08, 2006  

  • Someone should have told the "My Love Is Brilliant" guy that suicide is a long range solution to a short range problem. What a way to go! A grreat vocal though.

    By Blogger dcliff_817, at 4:38 PM, March 19, 2007  

  • Gosh KU! Sorry I cannot help but comment. I now feel the full weight of what you wrote here. For sure you know what I mean. How I wish things were different. Hope I can be just like the other people.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 PM, April 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker