mGa KuRo-KuRo Ni Ka UrO

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

To a Special Person

Naomi tagged me to do this. Instead of completing each sentence individually, I thought I'ld combine all of them to express my inner feeling towards a special person. Thanks Nao for tagging me.

I AM a parent to a teenage daughter. Sometimes, I can’t help feeling sad that
I CRY when I see her unhappy. Because all
I WANT is for her to always feel happy. In fact, if
I HAVE a wish for her,
I WISH that she grows up contented in life. For
I HATE to see her having any regrets in life. How
I MISSed her sweet and childish ways. I remember once when she was little
I DANCEd with her, until I fell exhausted while she continued to laugh and dance. Now
I FEAR that she’s growing up too fast and slowly moving farther away from us. When
I HEAR her on the phone talking with friends,
I LOOK at her and ask her, who she’s talking to on the phone. Perhaps with a bit of jealousy, I tell her to hang up and go to sleep. How
I LOVE the moments we share together. Yet
I ACHE to think that someday she’ll have to leave us. But today
I SING and set aside my fears and worries of the future.

I NEED to be a good parent to her. Be a role model.
I MUST teach her how to be responsible and caring. Be supportive of her in every way. Always
I SEARCH ways to improve myself to become a better person and father. Because somehow,
I REGRET that I was not a perfect son when I was the same age as my daughter is now.
I WAS NOT as delightful and as obedient to my parents as my daughter is to us now. Which is the reason why
I WRITE and pour my heart away, knowing how lucky a parent I am; that
I SHOULD be thankful to God for this blessing called “daughter”. But then
I WONDER if in my daughter’s mind she too feels equally blessed for having me as a father. I don’t know for sure, so
I BLOG my feelings today in the hope that someday she’ll get the chance to read this. When she does, I hope she leaves a comment even if signed "Anonymous" 'cause she'll never be anonymous to me. Not in any way.

10 Comments:

  • Well done Ka Uro, ano kayang irereseta. i mean igra-grade sa yo jan ni nars Naomi? Sana mabasa ito ng daughter mo para maarok niya ang sa loobin mo. I am sure curious din naman siya sa blogging mo lalo pag-nagsusurf na siya sa net. Sisilip at sisilip yan sa site mo.'Yong ngang aking eldest na 11 years old boy lagi na ng kaagaw ko sa computer, panay pa ang tingin sa ginagawa ko kaya siya pa minsan ang taga-proof read ko at taga-pagbigay ng comment.

    By Blogger RAY, at 10:42 AM, July 06, 2005  

  • i admire how you were able to express your feelings, KU. one of these days, i-copy paste ko itong entry mo in the hopes that someday i can say the same =)

    By Blogger Sassafras, at 1:12 PM, July 06, 2005  

  • how lucky your daughter is for having a father like you. Naiyak tuloy ako at naalala ko ang father ko, who has left us and returned to his creator 15 years ago. My dad was a silent type, who seldom expresses his feelings in words but you'll feel it through his actions. When we lost him, I felt that I've lost my armour, my strength (daddy's girl po ako). But his death kept me strong and work hard to fulfill his dreams for me. I may have achieved most of it and is continue reaching for it, coz I know, he may not be here physically, but in spirit and in love, he's just here watching me.

    Thanks Ka Uro for writng such a beautiful piece. I'll pray that your daughter will eventually be the person you've wanted her to be and be so proud and can shout to the whole world "listen everyone, my dad is the best dad in the whole world"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 PM, July 06, 2005  

  • o yan.. naka-anonymous nako tay..
    what a wonderful "wonderful" creation, 100% mark, way to go K.U.

    gleng gleng naman ala ako ma-say..
    tear jerker, touch ako sobra..

    si nao to pala [hehe!]
    ingat lagi =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:12 PM, July 06, 2005  

  • Gee, you're such a sweet dad, Ka Uro. You do not wish for wealth or power for your dear daughter. Instead, you want her to find contentment. Oo nga no, yan ang secret to happiness. thanks for sharing

    By Blogger jinkee, at 6:22 PM, July 06, 2005  

  • it's beautiful.. really. left a smile on my face after a read it. i'm sure your daughter knows how much you love her. :) you such a great dad. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 PM, July 06, 2005  

  • GRABE! ang sweet namang tatay, 'to? (sweet din sigurong mister?)

    your daughter is blessed to have someone like you as a father. i miss my father... you're making me teary-eyed now..

    i hope she gets the chance to read this. she'll never ever forget you, i bet.

    By Blogger bing, at 3:42 AM, July 07, 2005  

  • Ang sweet mo namang Ama...sana tatay ko ganyan din...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:45 AM, July 07, 2005  

  • kakaTATS naman....sana nga mabasa ito ng iyong darling daughter.....

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:05 AM, July 07, 2005  

  • Can I call you "Tatay Uro" nalang? Haha..itong poetry exercise na ito ibinibigay ko rin sa mga estudyante ko for their expressive writing exercise. It's wonderful how they are able to create beautiful poems with those prompts ("I am..., I can..."). I tried it myself too, and my poem "Writing" prompted by this writing exercise was published in a book by the International Library of Poetry.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:48 PM, July 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker